Quinte Photo Club members are invited to submit up to three images to be considered for inclusion in the club’s July 2019 exhibition at the Parrott Gallery at the Belleville Library. We will select 40 images (no more than two from any one photographer).
Please be sure to enter your First and Last name as the title of the image.
This is the time line for the club’s show in the Parrott Gallery:
- At the May meeting we will review the submissions and select the 40 images that will be in the show.
- At the June meeting you must provide an a brief (one paragraph) photographers biography and a brief (one paragraph) Artist’s Statement about each image you have in the show.
- In June, 2019: Workshop at Mike’s studio in Trenton to mat & frame your photo if you want to do the assembly yourself and save some money.
- Thursday, July 11, 2019: Ted needs to give the library a list of those participating.
- Saturday, July 13, 2019: If you have not already left your image at Mike’s Studio, you will need to deliver your framed photo to the Parrott Gallery between 10am & 12 noon or 2:00 & 4:00 pm. Anyone unable to deliver their own piece must make arrangements for someone to deliver it for you.
- Each piece must be labelled with your name, title, price ( $100. to $500 ?) Gallery takes 30% commission).
- Thursday, July18, 2019: Opening reception 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Lets try to invite friends/relatives to make this a good opening.
- Friday, Aug.23, 2019: Pick up your piece from the Gallery.
Printing & Framing:
- Prints must be 16″x20″ (please note that various cameras will produce images with various aspect ratios so you will probably have to crop your image to be 16″x20″)
- Prints may be Colour or Black & White.
- If you would like Mike from Quinte Studios to do the printing for you he is offering a special price for show images.
- On Epson Archival Premium Lustre paper the cost will be $17.70 instead of the regular price of $29.
- For Epson Archival Metallic Gloss paper the cost will be $23.00 instead of the regular price of $33.
- For Epson Archival Fine Art Matte paper the cost will be $28.32 instead of the regular price of $40.
- All prints will be framed in a 20″ x 24″ satin black aluminum frame with 2″ of white mat. Framing includes: satin black aluminum moulding, assembly hardware, acid free solid core white mat, 1/8″ foam core mounting board, framers tape, framing wire, foam bumpers, standard picture glass.
- If you would like Mike from Quinte Studios to do the framing for you he is offering a special price for show images.
- The normal cost is $110. He is willing to do it for you for $75.22
- If you would like to purchase a kit with everything pre-cut and ready to assemble he will provide that for $44.24.
- Mike is willing to host a couple of do-it-yourself framing workshops at his studio to help you assemble your frames. There will be no cost for the workshop, but you must have purchased the framing kit.
- Please note that HST will be charged on all printing and framing supplies.